Turquoise - Handmade Sari Oblong Tablecloth (India) - 52" X 70"
USD 64.99In stock
- fifty two x70 Inches Oblong (Rectangular) fits Table size twenty eight x forty six Inches up to forty x fifty eight Inches that seats 4 6
- Made of Polyester yarn Sari fabric or Machine Wash
- Oblong denotes a rectangular table. The conditions are interchangeable.
- Tablecloth is lined with matching color cotton blend fabric
- Price pointed out is for one Tablecloth. Design note: Due to the handmade nature of the fabric the border design might be slightly different than shown to the picture
Set an exotic table with such linens, inspired by the decorative saris of India. On the tablecloth, the borders are finely worked with golden thread. The tablecloths are lined in the rear with matching color fabric. Look for the matching curtains of ours and other home furnishing items.
Story Behind the Art:
These sari fabric for these table cloths is made by artisans in Banaras. One of the oldest cities in history, Banaras is steeped deeply in myth and has a wealthy textile heritage. The weaver community utilizes power looms to make sari's and only three sari's are produced per day every power loom. The entire family is usually involved in the sari making process. The weavers, who often spend their lives bringing in existence fine designs, measure the existence of theirs of meters of silk, inch by inch the sari and all it represents is the fabric of their life.These traditions of using the females in the family who are always just involved in the first aspect of the sari making still continues.